Submitted or under review:
Wu, X., S. G. Yeager, C. Deser, N. Rosenbloom, and G. A. Meehl, 2022: Volcanic forcing degrades multiyear-to-decadal prediction skill in the tropical Pacific. under review.
Maher, N., R. C. J. Wills, P. N. DiNezio, J. Klavans, S. Milinsk, S. C. Sanchez, S. Stevenson, M. F. Stuecker, and X. Wu, 2022: The future of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation: Using large ensembles to illuminate time-varying responses and inter-model differences, Earth Syst. Dynam. Discuss., https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-2022-26, under review.
DiNezio, P. N., T. Shanahan, T. Sun, C. Sun, X. Wu, A. Lawman, D. Lea, and M. Kageyama, U. Merkel, M. Prange, B. Otto-Bliesner, and X. Zhang, 2022: The tropical response to ocean circulation collapse, under review.
Published or accepted:
6. Yeager, S. G., N. Rosenbloom, A. A. Glanville, X. Wu, I. Simpson, H. Li, M. J. Molina, K. Krumhardt, S. Mogen, K. Lindsay, D. Lombardozzi, W. Weider, W. M. Kim, J. H. Richter, M. Long, G. Danabasoglu, D. Bailey, M. Holland, N. Lovenduski, W. G. Strand, and T. King, 2022: The Seasonal-to-Multiyear Large Ensemble (SMYLE) Prediction System using the Community Earth System Model Version 2. Geosci. Model Dev., 15, 6451–6493, https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-15-6451-2022.
5. Wu, X., Y. M. Okumura, P. N. DiNezio, S. G. Yeager, and C. Deser, 2022: The Equatorial Pacific Cold Tongue Bias in CESM1 and its Influence on ENSO Forecasts. J. Climate, 35, 3261–3277, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-21-0470.1.
4. Wu, X., Y. M. Okumura, C. Deser, and P. N. DiNezio, 2021: Two-year Dynamical Predictions of ENSO Event Duration during 1954–2015. J. Climate. 34, 4069–4087, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-20-0619.1.
3. Wu, X., Y. M. Okumura, and P. N. DiNezio, 2021: Predictability of El Niño Duration based on the Onset Timing. J. Climate. 34, 1351–1366, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0963.1.
2. Wu, X., Y. M. Okumura, and P. N. DiNezio, 2019: What Controls the Duration of El Niño and La Niña Events? J. Climate, 32, 5941–5965, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-18-0681.1.
1. Okumura, Y. M., T. Sun, and X. Wu, 2017: Asymmetric Modulation of El Niño and La Niña and the Linkage to Tropical Pacific Decadal Variability. J. Climate, 30, 4705–4733, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0680.1.